Buying Your First Home
Your Honeymoon Doesn't have to End...
Continue your Honeymoon in your New Home!
The following is a list of suggestions for making the transition simple for both of you...
- Make a list of addresses and phone numbers of utility companies, newspapers, magazines and any other publications to which you subscribe.
- Get a free change-of-address kit from the post office.
- Make sure you have plenty of boxes on hand. Move in the things that you don't use or need right away. Label the outside of each box with its contents.
- Use smaller boxes for heavy items and larger boxes for lighter items. Wrap fragile items in towels, linen, tissue or newspaper.
- Before you start unpacking, make the bed. Moving can take a long time and at least you will have a good night's rest!